Category Manager, Power Tools
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 832872BR
What you'll doAs a Category Manager, you are responsible for buying compelling assortments within a category for our customers at Walmart.com. It’s your job to closely track your suite of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing forecasts and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in merchandising concepts for assigned categories and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in assigned department or categories
- Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
• 2-3 years developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• 1-2 years experience managing and maintaining open-to-buy
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience Physical Requirements
• Travel required - Typical travel is between 3-5 days per month
• Specific category merchandising experience strongly preferred
• Experience with medium to high risk categories of goods preferred.
• Proven ability to manage online specific category preferred
• Experience managing categories of business in extremely competitive environment preferred
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents