Category Manager, Video Games
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 831085BR
What you'll doAs a Category Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the strategic maximization of compelling assortments within multiple high-growth, complex departments for our customers at Walmart.com. It’s your job to manage a team to effectively develop assortment expansion strategies, create strong partnerships and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers, partners, and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you drive your departments and develop partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing strategic business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Develops strategic and financial plans for multiple product categories
- Drives and facilitates multi-channel integration and strategy to achieve Walmart's business objectives
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Merchandising
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Maintains effective cross-functional support and accountability necessary to drive Walmart.com sales
- Manages strategic supplier relationships with senior-level representatives
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing others as direct reports
• Marketplace Category or online Merchandising leadership experience required
• Managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment required
• Must have experience with high volume, complex categories of goods
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent project management skills
• MBA is a plus
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents