Merchandise Manager, Beauty
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 829247BR
What you'll doAs Merchandise Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the strategic maximization of compelling assortments within multiple high-growth, complex departments for our customers at Walmart.com. It’s your job to manage a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you drive omni-channel integration and develop partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing strategic business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will manage a world-class team of collaborative colleagues who have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale and with the customer perspective first. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Develops strategic and financial plans for multiple product categories
- Drives and facilitates multi-channel integration and strategy to achieve Walmart's business objectives
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Merchandising
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Maintains effective cross-functional support and accountability necessary to drive Walmart.com sales
- Manages strategic supplier relationships with senior-level representatives
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
• Proven ability to manage online specific category strongly preferred
• Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
• Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
• Experience within the industry preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing others as direct reports
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Extensive experience considered
• Travel required; typical travel is between 3-5 days per month
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents