Analyst, Special Ops - Supply Chain/Logistics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Supply Chain & Logistics
- Team Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 827295BR
What you'll do atAbout the Department
Within Walmart US E-Commerce (Walmart.com and Jet.com), the Supply Chain team is at the center because our company’s vision is to reimagine Every Day Low Prices with the most efficient E-Commerce supply chain. As part of the Supply Chain organization, the Special Operations team is focused on bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance and working on special projects to accelerate the processes. Think of it as a SWAT team, where our weapons are our brains and the commander is the COO. The team is small but mighty that’s why we look for the right candidate to join us.
The principles of the Special Ops team:
- "First Hand Experience” – You will live and breathe operations and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- “Support teams” –You act as a second set of eyes, are always willing to lend a hand, and put our heads together to tackle challenges
- “Data is our main priority” – You always have data to drive our decisions
- “Leave no stone unturned” – You investigate and provide ongoing analysis to identify factors that will improve the company’s performance
- “Do what’s right for the customer” – Make recommendations that support outstanding customer satisfaction
About the Job
As a Special Ops Analyst, you will proactively perform analysis to solve for a business problem or opportunity. You drive your own hypothesis and pull your manager when you need advice or face some roadblock, for the rest you own it. You are responsible for:
This position will have the opportunity to work on topics such as improving on-time delivery, offering faster shipping at no extra cost, optimizing fulfillment options (pickup, site-to-store), improving fresh product delivery experience, etc.
A new “mission” can pop up anytime. The COO or another company leader sends a few sentences describing a problem that you need to fix for our customers. You don’t know where to start from. You go to a whiteboard, and start thinking about different ways to tackle the problem, you start asking questions and creating a framework to solve it. The more you think about it, the more complex the problem you realize it is and the more exciting it becomes. It has the usual ingredients: If solved, you could help millions of customers save time and money so that they can live better. The problem lives at the intersection of digital experiences and a massive supply chain of fulfillment centers and more. To solve it, you will need to perform very sophisticated analysis manipulating massive amounts of data and will build a tool or product out of nowhere. Most of the time, you will work with Product, Engineering and different areas of the Supply Chain, other times you will need to partner with Retail and Marketing. Iteration will be key and being open to feedback your best ally to create a better solution.
Are you up to the challenge?
• Ownership: Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creativity and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
• Analytical: Ability to manipulate large data sets and quantities of data to drive business decisions and maintain high attention to detail. Strong Excel and SQL skills are a must
• Diligent: Track-record of effectively completing multiple and time-sensitive projects
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents