Director, Employment & Ethics Compliance
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Legal, Compliance & Ethics
- Team Compliance
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 826864BR
What you'll doThe Director of Employment and Ethics Compliance Programs is responsible for developing the strategy relating to compliance in his/her subject matter, developing the compliance program, and providing direction and oversight on subject related compliance matters within the market in coordination with the Vice President for US eCommerce Regulatory Compliance and the US eCommerce Chief Compliance Officer. This position must develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce, cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics while developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals. The person in this role will work closely with HR, legal, business and Global compliance teams. We are looking for an experienced Labor and Ethics Compliance person with a deep understanding of labor employment matters.
The person in this role will also be responsible for creating a vision for Walmart eCommerce Ethics and Employment Compliance, by developing cohesive strategies for ethics and compliance awareness; setting a framework for ethics awareness; and developing strategic partnerships with global ethics and compliance programs. This person will direct, oversee, and improve U.S. eCommerce Ethics and Employment Compliance awareness channels by evaluating and developing enhanced content messaging, materials, and delivery methods and removing barriers to program implementation. This Director will oversee Ethics and Employment Compliance programs for the growing portfolio of Walmart’s U.S. eCommerce businesses by building relationships with internal business units to better understand their business practices and oversee the design of ethics and compliance strategies tailored to their business.
• Assess, implement and enhance existing controls on labor and ethics compliance matters
• Assists in the development and implementation of compliance strategies by collaborating with key stakeholders to strengthen strategies and ensure alignment of compliance initiatives; monitoring implementation of and providing advice and guidance on strategic initiatives to ensure progress is being made towards strategic goals.
• Consulting with eCommerce executive leaders on labor compliance risk exposure; advising and collaborating with strategic planning teams to develop strategies to manage identified opportunities;
• Directing the creation and enhancement of compliance policies and programs to address changing needs;
• Ensuring the development of training programs for Employment Compliance and Ethics.
• Working in collaboration with HR business partners to monitor and enhance controls.
In addition to that, the Employment and Ethics Director will be required to:
• Create a vision for global ethics awareness for the company and stakeholders
• Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
• Direct, oversee, and improve global ethics awareness channels
• Drive the direction and development of global ethics awareness strategies
• At least 6 years experience in Employment Compliance and/or Labor law.
• Strong Knowledge of reporting procedures
• Analytical Skills and strong Ethics.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong emotional intelligence and experience working in-house.
- 5 years experience working in eCommerce retail.
- 8 years experience working in corporate compliance.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents