Java Engineer - Microservices
- Location PLANO, TX
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 823998BR
What you'll doWalmart Technology is looking for exceptional software engineers to join our team focused on rebuilding our core Financial and Retail Enablement systems that serve 200M+ customers a week. In our Digital Enterprise Services division it is like working for the largest Human Resource company one project and then the largest Real Estate, Finance or Spend Management companies the next. As a member of our Financial Services Engineering team you will have the opportunity to apply your skills in services development and event streaming and processing to deliver massive efficiency gains at scale that only a few ever get to tackle. An agile mindset and a commitment to continuous integration and delivery are foundational behaviors for the members of this team. Also important is an obsession with delivering value today while driving innovation for the future. We are looking for people with the right blend of technology skills, business knowledge and a passion for revolutionizing Digital Enterprise Services.
*This position has the opportunity to sit in Austin, Texas or West Plano, Texas.*
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 6 months experience in information technology or related field within the past 5 years OR 2 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 5 years
- 1 year s experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 1 year s experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 2 years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2 years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents