Senior Category Manager - Appliances
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 823791BR
What you'll doAs a Senior Category Manager, you are responsible for ensuring your product category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance, and a great shopping experience across Walmart’s eCommerce brands, Jet.com, and Hayneedle. It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
--Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment, continually evolving the assortment strategy
--Own category financial targets (GMV and margin) and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
--Manage on-site presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience, Taxonomy, navigation, tagging and attributes
--Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
--Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
--Lead and grow a team of category specialists
• 3+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers
• Industry background required
• In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
• Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
• Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
• Must have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Travel required roughly once per quarter
- Managing and running a P&L
- Strong e-commerce experience
- Proactive individual that is a self-starter and take initiative
- A dynamic leader and thinker
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents