Category Manager, Kitchen Electrics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising & Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 823403BR
What you'll do
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple departments or categories
⦁ Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple departments or categories
⦁ Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Walmart.com Merchandising
⦁ Ensures business needs are being met
⦁ Maximizes the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
⦁ Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
⦁ Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
⦁ Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
• 3+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers
• Industry background required
• In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
• Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
• Must have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
• Must have experience with high risk, high volume, complex categories of goods
• Must have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Travel required roughly once per quarter
- Managing and running a P&L
- Strong e-commerce experience
- Proactive individual that is a self-starter and take initiative
- A dynamic leader and thinker
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents