Associate Data Scientist - Machine Learning
- Location PLANO, TX
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 822580BR
What you'll doAs one of the largest companies in the world, Walmart data is a playground for Data Scientists. In our Digital Enterprise Services division it is like working for the largest Human Resource company one project and then the largest Real Estate, Finance or Spend Management companies the next. As a member of our Innovation Engineering team you will have the opportunity to apply your skills in data science to deliver massive efficiency gains at scale that only a few ever get to tackle. An agile mindset and a commitment to rapid delivery through MVPs are foundational behaviors for the inaugural members of this Data Science team we are building. Also important is an obsession with delivering value today while driving innovation for the future. We are looking for people with the right blend of technology skills, business knowledge and a passion for revolutionizing Global Business Services segments through Data Science.
**This position has the opportunity to sit in West Plano, Texas or Austin, Texas.**
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops analytical models to drive analytic insights
- Leads small and participates in large data analytics project teams
- Manages the continuous improvement of data science and analytics
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Presents data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7 years experience in an analytics related field OR Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years experience in an analytics related field.
- 1 year experience with big data analytics.
- 5 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 5 years experience with statistical and deep learning programming languages (for example, SAS, R, TensorFlow).
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 10 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 3 years experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 6 years experience in an analytics related field.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents