Data Scientist - Anti-Fraud
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Data Science and Machine Learning
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 821597BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsWe are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve this sophisticated problem. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set prices for millions of products in real time. We use state of the art machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally.
Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
- Research, design and implement data models and groundbreaking algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to predict fraud.
- Work with high dimensional and dynamic data to build continually learning systems
- Through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line
- You should have at least seven years’ experience ideally in a Risk or Fraud environment.
- Extensive Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Programming experience in one of the languages like Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell/C/Java
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems and SQL
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, dynamic start-up environment with stellar team of fellow data geeks
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents