Financial Analyst - Returns and Reverse Logistics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 817568BR
What you'll do atWalmart.com is seeking a Financial Analyst to support Returns and Reverse Logistics expense areas. The role’s responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analyses in support of operations. This FA will provide impactful guidance on day to day business decisions and company-wide initiatives. You will work with internal partners to understand key supply chain and merchandising strategies to assess operational impact to your key areas of the P&L. This role requires the ability to dive deep into complex data as well as the ability to intelligently deal with ambiguity in order to synthesize information. In addition, the right candidate will possess the aptitude to clearly communicate and adapt key messages to various audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support creation of annual operating and overhead budgets
• Support monthly P&L review process by reviewing actual results versus plan, preparing monthly variance reports for business partners and analyzing key performance drivers
• Quantify and articulate risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and prepare “cause of change” reports
• Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners to ensure timely communication and collaboration around business issues and key deliverables
• Review trends to identify, communicate, and take action on opportunities to leverage expense
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build financial models to inform strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
• Assist in development of monthly financial forecasts that incorporate current business trends and strategies
• Support creation of ad-hoc forecasts as needed during key periods to provide insights into areas of risk and opportunity and influence business strategies
• Monitor P&L lines during monthly financial close; be able to discuss variances to forecast and plan
• Assist with accrual management during month-end close
• Conduct research as needed during monthly financial close
• Support monthly recapping of results through variance analysis
• Proactively identify, develop and implement enhancements to existing reporting and business processes
• 1+ experience in a role requiring the use of database tools (i.e. SQL) to query, research and troubleshoot issues
• 2+ years of work experience that demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
•Bachelor’s degree required; B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics preferred
•Ability to acquire understanding of and absorb new information rapidly
•Quantitative and analytical skills
•Understanding of accounting principles
•Must have substantial experience with Excel and PowerPoint – Essbase, Hyperion and SAP experience a plus
•Understanding of retail industry preferred
•Previous work experience as a coordinator or analyst, preferably in the finance department
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents