Senior Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 816090BR
What you'll do
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Department Summary: The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of Engineering, UX, Product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly building and iterating over new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (electrode) to our best-in-class backend services (pangaea) which powers our e-commerce backbone. Continuous innovation with a keen focus on positively impacting the online shopping experience for millions of customers makes this work incredibly exciting!
Title: Senior Front End Software Engineer
Role: 816090BR: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Organization: Global e-commerce
Department: Customer Experience
Local Candidates Preferred
Highly Desirable Skills: ReactJS, ReduxJS, NodeJS, Experience building High scale front end responsive web apps.
• Focus: Help shape our dynamic e-commerce Front End platform.
• Contribute: Work closely with talented engineers and product visionaries, on the Walmart e-commerce, Cart and Checkout team.
• Learn and Grow: Help build a solid e-commerce platform using the hottest technologies around, including ReactJS and NodeJS.
• Feel involved: your ideas count, collaborate with the team to conceptualize, rapidly prototype and deliver the best online shopping experience for our customers.
• Make an impact: reach 200 million customers across 27 countries and counting by giving them a premium e-commerce shopping experience.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions Provides support to the business Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Must have 1-2 years of experience with ReactsJS and ReduxJS.
• 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
• 5+ years of experience in one of these frameworks: ReactJS , BackboneJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field, OR equivalent education.
• Experience in NodeJS
• Experience building, adopting and maintaining REST’ful api’s.
• Experience creating single page responsive web applications using ReactJS, BackboneJS, AngularJS or other related frameworks.
• A passion for all things UI and Front End
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
• Strong customer focus and obsession with quality
Awards & Accolades: Our innovative spirit is attracting industry notice. We were named as one of MIT's smartest companies, pointing to our success in creating shopping experiences that incorporate mobile apps, mobile web, augmented reality, social media, and more. Mobile Retailer of the Year & Mobile Commerce Application of the Year – Mobile Commerce Awards Best Retail/Commerce for Mobile – Mobile Excellence Awards Top Mobile Retailer – National Retail Federation Walmart eCommerce careers: https://walmart.rolepoint.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/WalmartLabs
Specialties: retail, e-commerce, mobile, and omni-chann
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents