Senior Financial Analyst
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 815548BR
What you'll do atWalmart.com is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a role focused on Customer Service and Payments Processing operations expense management. The role will include responsibilities across: budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analyses in support of operations. This SFA will provide impactful guidance on day to day business decisions and company-wide initiatives. You will work with internal partners to understand key operating strategies and business issues to accurately assess financial impact to your areas of the P&L. This role requires the ability to dive deep into complex data as well as the ability to intelligently deal with ambiguity in order to synthesize information. In addition, the right candidate will possess the aptitude to clearly communicate and adapt key messages to various audiences.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Develops and executes financial planning processes for assigned operations, divisions, or departments
• Develops forecasts for assigned operations, divisions, or departments
• Oversees performance management activities
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides input for business decisions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Create annual operating and overhead budgets in partnership with the Finance and Operations business partners
• Support monthly P&L review process by reviewing actual results versus plan, preparing monthly variance reports for business owners, and analyzing key performance drivers
• Collaborate with Operations to develop monthly financial forecasts that incorporate current business trends and strategies
• Quantify and articulate risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and prepare “cause of change” reports
• Create ad-hoc forecasts as needed during key periods to provide insights into areas of risk and opportunity and influence business strategies
• Partner closely with accounting during monthly financial close; prepare and manage expense accruals
• Conduct research as needed during monthly financial close; be able to discuss variances to forecast and plan
• Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners to ensure alignment on strategies to maximize financial results
• Review trends to identify, communicate, and take action on opportunities to leverage expense
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build financial models to inform strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
• Supply chain, retail, and e-commerce experience preferred
Preferred educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree required; B.S. in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics preferred
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents