Technical Expert, Application Penetration, Security Testing
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 815077BR
What you'll do at
• Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software applications; infrastructure; people; and processes running across one of the world’s largest networks
• Manage vulnerability and exploit data in large scale tests using collaboration tools across a tight-knit team
• Compose test reports and record vulnerability data according to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) processes
• Deliver technical debriefs to engineers and developers as needed
• Never stop learning the latest and most advanced security testing techniques, development tools and frameworks
• Maintain testing tools, hardware, and equipment, creating new tools where appropriate
• Foster a Purple (Red + Blue) Team environment to share information with defensive teams to increase Walmart’s overall security posture
• Demonstrable experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in commercial, open source, and custom software products
• Demonstrable experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in mobile applications (iOS, Android) is highly preferred
• Demonstrable strong experience with penetration testing tools (e.g. Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc.) and also capable of manually executing these same types of attacks without the use of the tools
• Demonstrable experience conducting post-exploitation activities is required
• Demonstrable experience conducting code reviews is preferred
• Excellent written communication skills
• Prior experience developing communication on technical subjects to be read by individuals with diverse levels of technical knowledge
• Excellent verbal skills preferred, security conference talks or publications are a plus
• Excellent knowledge of common operating systems is required, knowledge of less popular and legacy operating systems is a plus
• Strong knowledge of common networking configurations, load balancing, firewalls, and security controls
• Strong knowledge of authentication and SSO technologies
• Strong knowledge of applied cryptography and common implementation flaws
• Knowledge of virtualized infrastructures is preferred
• Prior experience with retail technologies is preferred
• Ability to develop software in python and ruby is highly preferred
• Ability to build automation to eliminate reoccurring/repetitious work
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents