Senior DevOps Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 812907BR
What you'll do at Walmart Labs• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides support to the business
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Large-volume consumer web infrastructure and security experience
• 2+ years experience building and managing a continuous integration environment using GIT, Jenkins and Nexus
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
• Experience in large scale Web applications.
• Linux systems experience
• Minimum of 3 yrs DevOps experience
• Solid programming skills (Java & Python are strong +'s)
• Database experience (any NoSQL a +)
• Understanding of Networking (load balancers, packet tracers, etc)
• Knowledge of standard tools like Nagios, Sensu, Jenkins etc.
Manager's Preferred Qualifications (3-5 "nice to haves")
• Any Elastic Search, Cassandra and/or MySQL is a +
• Ansible is a + (Puppet/Chef/Salt are fine though)
• Docker, Jenkins, Sensu exp are all preferred but not required
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents