Manager Quality Control - Auburn, IN
- Location AUBURN, IN
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 808441BR
What you'll do
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature
- Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares distribution center overhead budget
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
- 1 year experience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 years fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents