Category Manager, Pets
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 807748BR
What you'll do atThe Category Manager, Pet will be based in our San Bruno office You'll be responsible for ensuring that your product category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands – Jet.com, Walmart.com, Hayneedle.com (and more to come).
responsibilities will include:
• Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise
• Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
• Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
• Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
• Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
• Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
• Managing a team of category specialists
• Passion for eCommerce and for our mission
• Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
• Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
• Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
• Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
• Ability managing teams
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents