Senior Software Engineer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 802538BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsAs a Software Engineer (Back End) you are responsible for designing high performance and scalable solutions that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation supply chain. Responsibilities include:
• Build solutions that enable sophisticated automation and workflows
• Implement cutting edge models and algorithms that operate on massive amounts of data
• Develop high performance and scalable solutions that extract, transform, and load big data
• Help the team leverage and contribute to open source technologies
• Make impact on a global scale
• 5+ years of experience building services using back end technologies (Java, Spring, Jersey)
• In depth knowledge of SQL and database technologies (Hive, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra)
• Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents