Staff Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 797836BR
What you'll do
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for the following:
•Own business service and work with business to identify the requirements. •Work with architect to come up with design.
•Define API contract, document and communicate.
•Design, develop, test using Agile practices.
•Provide post production support.
•Attend Agile Scrum meetings and provide status/progress of the task.
•Design Services components.
•Work closely with Architects on documenting status/progress of the task Design Services components.
•Write code in Java/J2EE/Spring.
•Test applications using unit testing, functional testing, integration testing.
•Deploy to production as part of release process.
•Provide post production support.
•Participate in Iteration planning, design reviews, code reviews.
MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 5+ years of experience building scalable e-Commerce applications or mobile software; OR BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 8+ years of experience building scalable e-Commerce applications or mobile software.
•Must have experience with J2EE (the entire enterprise environment including Spring, JMS).
•Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture/Design, experience implementing Web Services.
•Strong knowledge in data structures, Relational DB like Oracle, Spring MVC and strong Java knowledge.
•Experience in leading a solution from inception to production.
•Strong debugging, profiling, and system performance knowledge.
• 2 years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services, etc.
• 2 years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• 1 year experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss etc.
• 2 years experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents