Senior Product Manager, Apparel
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 797247BR
What you'll do at Walmart LabsThe ideal candidate has prior experience with product management, especially on launching stellar front-end customer experiences on the web/mobile app. She/he is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. She/he is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for the product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products
The role will include:
• Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
• Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify
new product opportunities and enhancements.
• Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
• Present and clearly articulate product strategy to company leadership.
• Own the product discovery process.
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability
and feasibility of product features.
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents.
• Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Define, track and improve key product metrics
• Product Management experience in a fast-paced agile environment at a consumer facing mobile/web company (experience in a vertical e-commerce area e.g. fashion, shoes, home and garden, electronics strongly preferred). Or you are an avid shopper yourself, passionate about delightful customer experiences
• Proven experience shipping consumer based web/app products with outstanding front-end design
• Able to look at the big picture as well able to wade into the details and dive into analytics
• Highly adaptive, self-directed and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents