- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Marketing & Customer Insights
- Team Creative and Design
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 797208BR
What you'll doEssential Functions:
• Develop deep subject matter expertise on the market landscape for our key ‘big bets’ –new businesses, technologies, etc.
• Get to know target companies, industry leaders, and SMEs
Business Plan Development
• Partner with Portfolio company CEOs to develop business plans, financial plans, and board materials
• Conduct key analysis for the Incubation group
• Often leverage ‘messy’ data, and summarize key insights—always with a focus on the 80/20
• Attend tech, start-up, and innovation industry events
• ‘In the know’ with tech & start-up news and happenings
• Partner with Walmart’s corporate M&A team regarding diligence for potential Incubation acquisitions
• Willing to be available on evenings and weekends as needed
• Travel required
• Willing and energized to do anything and everything needed to get the job done and crush it!
Key Traits associated with the Incubation and Innovation team are:
• Ex-entrepreneurs, entrepreneurial spirit
• Passion for ecommerce and building things from scratch
• Team player
• Low maintenance & fun to be around
• Ability to be strategic, with the appreciation for the 100 tiny customer touchpoints
• Excellent, often scrappy, problem-solving skills
• Excel genius
• Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration
• The desire to be both creative and technically-minded (interest in both design and analysis/metrics)
• Excellent presentation skills, with a high attention to detail
• Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, always changing environment
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards customer-centric innovation
• Ability to manage stakeholder expectations
• Excels under pressure
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents