Senior Manager, International Finance Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 794503BR
What you'll doWalmart’s International segment generated sales revenue of $116B in fiscal 2017. As a standalone business it would rank in the Top 5 of global retailers. We have an aggressive goal of continued growth in order to advance our position within the global retail landscape.
The Walmart International strategy team partners with highly regarded and talented business leaders across the globe. Come join a team charged with helping to shape the future retail landscape and ensuring we achieve our ambition to be the world’s leading digitally-enabled food retailer, innovating to help people around the world save money so they can live better.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for International Finance international strategy by identifying Customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Manages cross-country or cross-functional projects by setting objectives, deliverables, and milestones; reaching consensus among leadership and in-country teams; ensuring projects deliver their intended results by comparing to benchmarks; and providing regular updates to senior Management.
- Leads one to two independent research projects to develop strategic argument or recommendation by developing hypotheses; utilizing quantitative and qualitative data analysis to test hypotheses; coordinating analyst data gathering activities; interviewing Company and external experts; and structuring arguments for final recommendation.
- Contributes to the development of Board of Directors and external strategy communications for senior Management use by obtaining direction from senior Management on communication message; obtaining information from market teams or external sources; preparing subsets of final presentations; and reviewing drafts with senior director or vice president.
- Contributes to the planning process by sharing methods of articulating strategy by market; developing presentation templates that represent best practice; reviewing and providing feedback to five-year planning team regarding in-country strategies; gathering data for scorecard metrics; and facilitating information sharing (for example, global trends, strategy and data tools).
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Contributes to manager and intern recruiting efforts by reviewing resumes; participating in interviews; and making hiring recommendations.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or related field and 2 years experience in finance or related field OR 6 years experience in finance or related field.
- 1 year corporate strategy or consulting experience post MBA or 2 years consulting pre-MBA.
- 2 years experience analyzing data, interpreting results, and presentation building.
- Advanced skill set in entire MS Office Suite
- 1 year retail experience.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or related field.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents