Senior Manager, Controller’s Office, Global Close & Consolidations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Accounting & Finance
- Team Accounting and Controls
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 787275BR
What you'll doThe Global Controller’s Office of Walmart Stores, Inc. is seeking a dynamic associate with a strong understanding of US GAAP and an effective communication style to lead a broad range of accounting and reporting responsibilities within our Global Close and Consolidation team. The ideal associate for this role can adapt within a rapidly evolving business environment, bring a positive attitude, willingness to learn and share their point of view, and a mindset that no project is too big or too small.
- Review of monthly market financials (including cash flows) for accuracy, consistency and compliance with global accounting policies and US GAAP
- Provide close and consolidation support to our rapidly growing e-commerce business as well as certain joint venture and M&A activities
- Supporting our compliance with our global US GAAP inventory policies and determination of LIFO ending inventory balances
- Collaborating with the other stakeholders in assessing relevant accounting and reporting developments from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory agencies
- Supporting the monthly global close and consolidation activities
- Interface with auditors to manage audit and SOX control requests as necessary
- Work with FP&A to prepare and analyze financial results and performance
- Serve as a key contributor in advancing our technology platforms to further automate key accounting and control processes for projects that impact the close process
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Support training and development opportunities for associates
2 years of supervisory experience OR 2 years experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
- 4 - 7 years recent big four accounting firm experience
- Experience with Inventory Accounting (e.g. LIFO)
- Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications
- Must be able to communicate effectively and concisely
- Must be extremely detail oriented, accurate and inquisitive
- Experience with other financial software (e.g. SAP, ERP, Hyperion Essbase, SQL)
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Professional certification in accounting (e.g. CPA, CMA)
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents