Technical Lead, iOS
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 785494BR
What you'll doThere are very few places, if any, where you can bridge physical and digital experiences for tens of millions of users. Our team builds mobile applications that empower customers internationally. We are a data-driven team and we constantly improve our products based on user data and feedback. Moreover, we experiment with new features and technologies and scale successful products rapidly.
We are product focused and expect our fellow engineers to be involved in all parts of the product development from product requirements and design to implementation and testing. We follow and adapt new technologies and our work includes challenges in the areas of security, geo-location, payments, scalability and architecture.
• Lead a team of 5-6 iOS engineers responsible for shipping all ASDA applications on the iOS platform. Leadership role consists of:
o Represent the team in architectural and technical discussions with other engineering teams
o Represent the team in discussions with the Product and Business teams
o Work closely with engineering management on optimizing all engineering processes such as estimation, architecture, task definition etc.
o Work closely with Project Managers on planning and execution tracking.
• Participate as an individual contributor in the design and implementation of sophisticated features in iOS applications.
• Split between individual contributor and leadership role is expected to be 75/25, you will spend most of your time hands on coding and architecting.
• Optimizing and refactoring the existing code base and making sure our customers don’t experience any production issues while using our apps.
• Ensure that our app ratings of 4.5 and above are maintained and improve even further.
• 5+ years of mobile application development experience.
• Excellent skills in Objective-C and Swift.
• Excellent knowledge of the iOS platform and the associated tool chain.
• Experience of shipping one or more iOS applications to the App Store.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
• Experience with unit testing, UI testing and automation.
• Experience with web technologies.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents