Intrusion Analyst III Cybersecurity
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 777328BR
What you'll doMonitors, analyzes, and remediates cybersecurity events by adhering to defined operating procedures; working problem tickets and outstanding cases; documenting analytical steps during alert research and remediation; running commands and executing scripts; and communicating with stakeholders during event troubleshooting and research.
Improves quality of analytical capabilities by remediating missing or failed standard operating procedures and critical cybersecurity alerts; and drafting and reviewing new standard operating procedures for new cybersecurity alerts.
Identifies advanced risks and cyberattacks by leveraging big data analytic methodologies such as data visualization tools to perform subtle event detection.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Supports security operations center processes and procedures by responding to stakeholder questions and problems; collaborating with the team; modifying alert logic for higher fidelity and identifying new risk detection; researching and monitoring service level functions and analyst metrics (for example, performance, consistency, reliability); participating in focused incident remediation and incident management team initiatives; and monitoring alerts and other application checks and balances.
experience in information technology or related field within the last 5 years OR 3 years experience in information technology or related field within
the last 5 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
• Understanding of Boolean Logic
• Problem determination and resolution capabilities
• Ability to research ability including: fact-based information collection & analysis
• Understanding of data visualization technologies
• Understanding of packet analysis tools & methodologies
Communication, Organization, & Teamwork
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and great organizational skills
• Ability to maintain focus while performing in depth log analysis
• Ability to excel in a team environment and transition work to/from shift
Operations & Adaptability
• Good interpersonal skills, as well as phone and customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure from internal and external sources
• Experience in documenting standard operating procedures
• Understanding of Desk-side and/or Security Support environments
• Experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, wireless & wired network administration
• Understanding of network security technologies including Firewalls, NIPS/NIDS, WIPS, Application Proxies, Sandboxing, VPN, etc
• Understanding of client side security technologies including Anti-Virus, HIPS/HIDS, Data Loss Protection, WhiteListing, etc
• Understanding of access control technologies including LDAP, RADIUS/TACACS, Network Access Control, etc
• Understanding of encryption technologies & methodologies
• Understanding of new and recent cyber vulnerabilities
• Operating System certifications (e.g. MCSE, RHCE, HPUX CSE)
• Networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, Net+)
• Bi-Lingual in English and one or more of the following languages: Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents