Field Project Supervisor-Store Planning (Alabama)
- Location MONTGOMERY, AL
- Department Real Estate, Construction & Store Planning
- Team Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 776285BR
What you'll doField Project Supervisors will live and work in Alabama.
The Field Project Supervisor (FPS) opportunity is a management/ salaried position; leading a small team of 5 to 7 to accomplish new store or store renovation projects lasting 5 to 15 weeks.
Required skills: demonstrated previous hands-on direct leadership of a team, project management skills (timelines, resources, etc.). Preferred skills: retail management
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Develops and directs one or more work streams of cross-functional store planning projects in all formats
• Directs Associates, including managers, on process and procedures for Facility set-up projects, including reviewing new modular plans, planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements, and advising on assigning additional staff to assist to ensure Company and Facility goals are met.
• Drives and monitors sales and project budget
• Drives the implementation of real estate plans for project facilities (for example, remodels, new stores, relocations, new formats, expansions)
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
• Travel up to 80% of the time (approximately 280 days per year) by airplane or by motor vehicle
• Travel within assigned states, but may travel regionally to fulfill business needs.
• Must be able to work overnight and weekend shifts and stay at a hotel if required.
• Typically work 5 days a week, 8-10 hours per day. May be necessary to work 6 or 7 days per week to fulfill business needs.
• Must have reliable transportation and passing motor vehicle record.
• Relocation package not provided for this position.
- 1 year experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 1 year leadership, supervisory, or management experience, including task management and delegation.
- 1 year Walmart management experience.
- 1 year project management experience.
- 2 years retail field experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
"You have to think of how to save the company money, save the store money, save the customer money—and one impacts the others."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents