Senior Systems Infrastructure Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 759956BR
What you'll do at Walmart Labs• Design, develop, install, and maintain operating systems, utilities, and applications software on computing systems
• Resolve system emergencies with significant impact on the integrity of user data and systems
• Design, configure, implement, and maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures
• Establish software/hardware standards and systems policies and procedures
• Engage in long-term strategic planning with regard to systInfems development and integration
• Conceptualize and implement systems within broad technical or structural frameworks
• Perform capacity planning for system configuration, software services, network services, load distribution, and service interrelationships among computer systems
• Act as project leader on large-scale computing projects in which strong technical, directional, and personal leadership is necessary; assign and oversee the work of other system administrators as needed
• Manage vendor relationships and cost effective hardware and software maintenance agreements with vendors
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with complex multi-system platforms and vendors
• Experience coordinating multi-system and computing environments in independent computing facilities
• Experience developing/implementing a business continuation and disaster recovery plan
• Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs
• Demonstrated expertise in clustering such as VCS, Red Hat Clustering, Pacemaker
• Expert ability to program in multiple programming languages in multiple operating systems
• Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment
• Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices
• Solid systems engineering experience and excellent programming skills in languages like Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C, C++, PHP. Demonstrated expertise is required in at least two of those languages, including Perl
• Demonstrated expertise managing Linux-based systems and services at scale, including experience managing hardening high-value systems against attackers. Experience with maintaining Windows-based systems and services a plus
• Demonstrated expertise working effectively in a shared software development environment, including version control, bug tracking, release management, and code review. Experience with Git also a requirement
• Demonstrated experience supporting Active Directory and Centrify authenticating to Linux systems including administration, authentication, and integration
• Demonstrated experience integrating enterprise architecture with cloud systems is desirable
• Comfort with public speaking. He or she should be able to give a detailed technical presentation, training, or high-level executive briefing
• Knowledge of the landscape of the data storage systems such as SSD, SAS, SAN, NAS, DAS technologies
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or related field.
• Demonstrated experience integrating LDAP with keystone is desirable
• Demonstrated experience building end-to-end automation for bare metal service is highly desirable
• Demonstrated expertise in clustering such as VCS, Red Hat Clustering, Pacemaker is desirable
• Demonstrated expertise in Infoblox DNS in-depth troubleshooting is a plus
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents