Vudu Senior Product Manager, Advertising Technology
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department Technology & Software Development
- Team Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition 755634BR
What you'll do atWe're looking for an entrepreneurial product leader who can help scale the Vudu business.
You'll own key items on the product road map, from market and competitive research, to use case prioritization, to customer adoption and iteration.
This is a position that requires initiative and technical depth, an ability to imagine great new customer experiences and the desire to try out ideas and prototypes.
The ideal candidate has an extensive background in advertising technology software and/or online product management and online video. They must have demonstrated experience working and influencing in a cross-functional capacity and a proven track record of delivering successful products to market.
• Establish product and feature goals and develop backlog
• Write product/marketing requirements documents and user stories and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the marketing, design and development teams.
• Measure and analyze existing advertising products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
• Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, escalate as needed, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
• Research and identify new opportunities
• Develop new products and monetization efforts by evaluating the competitive landscape, and understanding customer needs and value drivers
• Drive product development efforts across functions, including research, requirements definition, UX, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, and launch efforts
• Minimum of 2 yrs most recently in the digital video advertising industry
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, engineering, physics) is required
• Must be able to think strategically and act tactically.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to analyze quantitatively. generate solutions, and prioritize project work.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
In March 2010, VUDU was acquired by Walmart, the largest seller of packaged media in the US. The VUDU team is a part of Walmart eCommerce. Based in Sunnyvale, California, VUDU is at the cutting edge of the convergence between technology and entertainment, state-of-the-art delivery and a fundamental art form—film.
Our team is diverse, innovative, and growing. Given our love of movies, we always have an eye out for unique and top talent! Join us.
For more information, visit http://www.vudu.com.
"I feel like my manager wants to help me become a better developer and a better person overall."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents