Mechanical Engineer, Technical Manager-Dot.com
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Department Merchandising & Online Operations
- Team Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Salary
- Requisition 740361BR
What you'll doTechnical Manager – Dot.com
This requisition is for future Technical Manager-Dot.com positions at Walmart Home Office.
Are you able to juggle technical processes, manage projects and work seamlessly within a cross-functional team?
Let’s talk more about you! You are an expert project planner with the ability to understand product cost and construction, schedule resources, solve technical problems and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical team members. You find it easy to effectively communicate with software developers, project managers and leadership. You understand the importance of following correct procedures, developing detailed requirements and providing the right information at the right time. You can be a team player, lead a team or act as a problem solver – it’s all in a day’s work!
Here are a few attributes that describe you:
• Strongly focused on latest technology
• Enjoys working with technical engineers
• Able to make quick decisions
As a Technical Manager for the Dot.com team, you’ll be managing multiple projects. A typical day in this role will include developing and executing both seasonal and brand specifications for your assigned departments, managing performance testing and managing the product approval workflow. You’ll also be partnering with benchmark managers to evaluate and understand more about the items within your assigned categories so that you can pinpoint the differences between competitors’ products and Walmart products. Sound interesting? Take a look at the additional position details and qualifications below.
• You’ll be responsible for maintaining up-to-date expertise and applying that knowledge to the development, execution and improvement of various action plans
• You’ll manage performance testing
• You’ll provide business solutions and support the implementation of those strategies
• You’ll bring innovative, disruptive, and/or incremental products to the marketplace
• You’ll serve as a technical subject matter expert for buyers, brand teams, strategic suppliers and technical team members
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and 2 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, merchandising, or related field OR 4 years experience in manufacturing, quality control, product development, merchandising, or related field.
- 1 year experience working on multi-national teams.
- 2 years experience in product sourcing.
- 2 years experience in product testing within a retail environment.
- 2 years experience working with or for third-party testing laboratories.
- 2 years merchandising experience in a retail environment.
- Master s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Six Sigma or related certification.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents