Design Operations Manager
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1320102BR
What you'll do at
- Ability to develop processes aligned with both Agile and Waterfall methods
- Encourage program management practices
- Manage a large portfolio of products through their lifecycle phases to successful completion
- Works with and/or manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore team members and third-party vendors
- Ensure product and technology design needs are met according to timelines and roadmaps
- Develop and maintain professional relationships will all project and/or program sponsors and stakeholders
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and with upper level management
- Manages the execution of design work for multiple large products with minimal guidance
- Inspire and bring new ideas to the team by understanding the ecosystem of the program
- Collaborate with Design Leadership and Partners to establish ways of working best practices
- Understand cross functional team needs
- Work with team to ensure designs are being implemented correctly and give feedback
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership in both Design organization as well as across Walmart
- Ability to work in a true matrix organization while being a mentor to all team members
- Be able to provide consistent support to the designers to rectify process and facilitate ways to support their needs that may not always fall solely in your role
- Educate and hold suppliers accountable to provide Walmart with the best possible information to meet our quality requirements
- Experience leading large and diverse groups of employees to complete complex projects on time and within budget
- Experience working within different methodologies (I.E. Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc.)
- Work in a matrix, influence without authority
- Attention to detail, persistent drive to understand details of process, tools, etc.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting cross-functional budgets and resources
- Familiarity with Design processes
- Demonstrated experience building efficient scalable processes for building enterprise applications, eCommerce, SaaS or a related field
- Expert with Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and/or like products
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to educate Product, Business, and Technical partners to understand design and process related concepts
- Experience with a Supplier to Walmart or Agency in a role related to Program Management, Project Management, Product Management, Change Management or related field
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts