Data Governance Leader
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1312404BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will play the role of implementing & operationalizing the Data Architecture Management strategy for Walmart.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to support the acquisition process. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and knowledge of contracting processes. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting
• Work with data architects within Walmart to establish and maintain Data Architecture Principles and Guidelines that drive Digital Transformation.
• Enable data governance by organizing and facilitating data architecture reviews for major initiatives within Walmart
• Establish and maintain foundational data architecture models and related tools to effectively track Current State Data Architecture and provide insights to define Future State Data Architecture.
• Work with all data domains to establish roadmaps toward desired state
• Guides application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states
• Facilitates the transition from high level design and supports the project lifecycle with input from executive leadership where needed
• Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
• Defines and enforces data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, and policies to ensure consistency and adherence to Walmart’s process
• Develops data architecture plans and drives the plans to fulfillment in collaboration with Data Owners, Architects, and Solution Teams
• Analyze current state of data architecture of various systems – software components, technologies, data models and business processes; incorporate this knowledge into the Data Governance platform (Collibra).
• Develop integration of Data Governance repository (Collibra) with Walmart data management platforms and its components to automate Data Governance processes (metadata capturing, lineage, proactive data quality etc.) on a timely basis.
• Maintain high level of knowledge and expertise related to Data Architecture
• Develop key indicators to manage the Data Architecture Management process at Walmart.
• Assist on research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed.
• Advocate data use and protection practices, including consent and identity management. Receiving, tracking, and acting on requests to and from stakeholders concerning policies and procedures, e.g., regulatory inquiries, audits, data advisory board reviews, consent management, incident response, and business continuity
Who you are:
• You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respec
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' technical program management experience OR 10 years' technical program management experience.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents