Senior Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1309115BR
What you'll do at
What you'll do at Walmart Labs
The Merchant Tech organization is expanding the team working on the Flight Deck (Stores Edition) product to allow us to move even faster to deliver actionable insights to our merchants. We have some really challenging problems to solve and are looking to grow our team with software engineers who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. If you enjoy solving tough problems and completely changing the way people work, this is the role for you!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
• Provide hands-on technical leadership for a team of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Design and implement distributed systems in an agile delivery environment
• Design and build integrations with partner technologies
• Innovate without losing sight of our mission
• Ensure that systems are properly tested, monitored and instrumented
• Own the code that your team brings to Production
• Collaborate directly with Product Managers
• Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our customers and business
• Develop Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensure business needs are being met
• Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
• 3+ years experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
• 3+ years experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
• 3+ years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
• 3+ years experience in development of Java webservices
• Experience developing cloud-native applications
• 3+ years experience in database design (RDBMS and NoSQL)
• Experience developing mobile apps for Android and iOS using React Native is a plus
• Experience/knowledge of any big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Storm, Kafka is a plus
• Hands-on experience on Azure and/or GCP is a plus
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences.
• Experience working in a cloud computing environment (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
• Experience in agile delivery, as well as DevOps.
• Demonstrated technical, architecture and design leadership
• Demonstrated success in distributed systems, especially REST based services
• Strong API design, development, and management
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents