Principal Operations Research Scientist
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1305138BR
What you'll do at
“WE ENGINEER SYSTEMS OF INTELLIGENCE AND ACTION TO AUTOMATE RETAIL DECISIONS AT SCALE”
The team creates value for Walmart customers through researching and building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algos, models, platforms, and technologies. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, operations research analysts and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions. We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build this portfolio of AI/ML/OR models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. Our product teams include our business partners – directly. We see the outcomes of our work to enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at partnering with the business, growing talented teams, and building capability development in tech. The ideal leader will combine expertise in AI/ML/OR/Open Source/Tech knowledge, hands-on experience in algorithm planning, engineering, strategic capability development in AI/ML/OR, and imparting keen understanding of revenue models and value creation.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities in retail, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
- Consults with business stakeholders regarding data insights and recommendations
- Drives analytics insights across the division
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads medium- to large-sized prescriptive analytics (optimization) project teams
- Manages the continuous improvement of operations research, data science and analytics
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 4 years' data science experience OR PhD.
- Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, or Computer Science, and five year experience in a related field.
- Proven track record of creation, development, and implementation of large scale optimization models.
- Proven track record implementing large scale optimization models in Java or C++.
- One year project management experience
- Exposure to Maven, Jira, and GIT/other version control tools.
- Experience to Unit, Regression, and Integration testing.
- Experience in machine learning, statistics, Hadoop, and Database/SQL
- Experience in retail business and supply chain.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts