- Location PLAINFIELD, IN
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1301249BR
What you'll do at
- Collaboration: Partners with cross-functional leaders, both inside and outside of the organization, to develop, test, implement, and monitor new technology and/or facility improvements.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Data Analysis: Leverages process optimization results to develop strategies that reduce waste and labor costs
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Equipment/Technology Maintenance and Process Improvement Opportunities: Serves as a high-level escalation point for the most complex technology or maintenance concerns. Contributes to definition of Walmart's material handling, processing, and storage requirements. Co-presents reports to senior leadership regarding maintenance and potential upgrades. Drafts strategies to improve existing processes (for example, integration of automation solutions, process documentation, and fixture development to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, person-hours, machine time, and energy.
- Fulfillment Design Implementation and Project Management: Ensures facilities, technology, and equipment are driving the intended business results across Walmart, and documents any unintended interaction with other processes. Approves metrics to track progress of implementation. Co-presents reports to senior leadership regarding implementation progress (including successes and barriers). Serves as a technical reference or higher point of escalation for fulfillment equipment or technology. May lead Walmart-wide implementations of new processes, systems, and software.
- Fulfillment Design and Innovation: Leverages process optimization results to develop strategies that reduce waste and labor costs
- People Development: Ensures associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (for example, training, mentoring) for the good of the associate and Walmart. Coaches team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance. Mentors Fulfillment Engineering Managers and less experienced associates.
- Provides overall direction
- Vendor Management: Analyzes contracts to determine value added to the business, and identifies areas of opportunity for cost savings. Supports the development of vendor strategies, serving as the daily point of contact for third-party partner and vendor activities.
- 6 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Industrial/ Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field and 8 years experience in Industrial/ Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field OR 10 years experience in Industrial/ Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Master s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents