Design Program Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1300174BR
What you'll do at
You’ll be responsible for crafting, championing, and implementing processes to help the design team build high-impact experiences across a range of touch points.
You’ll leverage deep application/platform knowledge, in combination with business and project management domain expertise, to drive successful delivery.
You are comfortable communicating on behalf of your team to manage expectations, scope new projects, inspire collaboration, escalate risks, and report on performance.
• Build, manage, and/or identify operational improvements to creative workflows in order to deliver high-quality products and features through the project lifecycle while delivering on goals and objectives and user experience value.
• Lead or collaborate with Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
• Partner with Product Managers, Engineering, Design Managers, Staff Design, Research, and Content to maintain the team’s program schedule that consolidates individual project track plans, reflects cross-track dependencies, and eliminates redundancies among the tracks.
• Manage program risks and drive issue resolution as it relates to meeting the • • overall schedule and quality commitments.
• Build strong relationships with design team in delivering work in a way that builds trust with engineering, product management and executives.
• Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams
• Proactively contribute best practices, tips, and templates to shared User Experience Design resources.
• Direct the evolution of the team’s process through continuous risk and optimization assessments.
• Clearly identify, explain, and communicate progress, status, expectations, dependencies and risks to executives, business stakeholders and team members.
• Facilitate team onboarding for new hires and rotations.
• Own and manage team documentation, including team sites, status, and other centralized resources.
• Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant consulting, agency, or industry related program management experience.
• Experience working with design teams, deep understanding of the product design process from generative research through concept ideation, detail design, scrum design and visual quality assurance.
• Proven experience improving team productivity and creating efficiencies.
• Ability to organize cross-functional activities into a complete plan, recognizing interdependencies, and establishing framework for the team to build out the plan and mentoring the execution of that plan.
• Ability to handle ambiguity, setting goals and effectively delivering to them in very fast changing environment.
• Ability to see the forest for the trees.
• Ability to manage up, down and sideways.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents