Product Dir I
- Location PLAINFIELD, IN
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1300070BR
What you'll do at
- Collaboration: Works with Category GMs and other VPs for a category with few complexities to evaluate category performance and recommends how to address gaps with product enhancements. Works closely with cross-functional teams to establish shared vision for category product development. Collaborates with internal and external partners to direct the product development process and ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- People Development: Ensures associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (e.g., training, mentoring) for the good of the associate and Walmart. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Mentors Product Managers, Senior Product Managers, Group/Principal Product Managers and less experienced associates.
- Product Development Lifecycle: Oversees and assesses product development lifecycle/process for a category with few complexities and identifies areas to drive enhancements and process improvements based on knowledge of the organization, industry and technology development best practices. Makes recommendations to Category GMs and other leaders regarding potential enhancements and impacts to the category and Walmart's overall business.
- Product Development Roadmap: Works with Category GMs to determine short- and longer-term product development strategy for a category with few complexities and ensures alignment with overall Walmart vision and strategy and key business partners' capacity and availability. Ensures buy-in for the product development strategy both internally and with key external partners for a category with few complexities. Oversees the development of product development roadmaps across a category with few complexities. Ensures category needs, critical business issues, market needs and core product strategies are addressed in product development roadmap decisions. Reviews technology forecast for a category with few complexities and contributes innovative product development strategies and other input based on knowledge of the category, industry and organization.
- Provides overall direction
- Research and Analysis: Identifies strategic data sets for a category with few complexities based on interaction with Category GMs and other VPs. Directs analysis and reporting of strategic data to drive innovation and exploration of new product development opportunities. Evaluates product development initiatives across multiple sites within a category with few complexities to ensure they are consistent with established trends and category and organizational strategy.
- 3 years' supervisory experience.
- 4 years' experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 5 years' experience in product management or related field OR 7 years' experience in product management or related field.
- 5 years' experience in strategic consulting, new product development and innovation, or brand management.
- 6 years' experience in merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration.
- Six Sigma certification.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents