Product Mgr II
- Location PLAINFIELD, IN
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1299922BR
What you'll do at
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams (category management, site merchandising, marketing, engineering) and external supplier teams to gather input on product requirements and execute the product development roadmap for a moderately-to-highly complex category. Partners with suppliers to develop product and end-user requirements.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Has performance and career development conversations. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors Associate Product Managers.
- Product Development Lifecycle: Manages and executes product development lifecycle (from concept to phasing-out technology products or features) across multiple sites within a moderately-to-highly complex category, ensuring achievement of product development objectives and identifying and prioritizing tradeoffs across product development initiatives. Reviews product development lifecycle/process across multiple websites for a moderately-to-highly complex category and develops contingency plans to manage risk or address identified challenges.
- Product Development Roadmap: Develops and manages the implementation of the product development roadmap for a moderately-to-highly complex category based on knowledge of category strategy and input from category managers and team members in related functions (site merchandising, planning, marketing, etc.). Plans and coordinates technology developments (e.g., site functionality enhancements, product/pricing tools and dashboards) and ensures technology forecasts are integrated into roadmap based on knowledge of short- and longer term needs of a moderately-to-highly complex category. Reviews and updates roadmap as business needs change to maintain alignment to overall category strategy.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Research and Analysis: Manages and reviews product research and analysis performed
- 2 years' experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 2 years' experience in product management or related field OR 4 years' experience in product management or related field.
- 3 years' experience in merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field.
- 3 years' experience in product development.
- Six Sigma certification.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents