- Location CHINO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1296669BR
What you'll do at
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams, both inside and outside of the organization, to develop, test, implement, and monitor new technology and/or facility improvements.
- Data Analysis: Adjusts or reinforces team recommendations based on review of analysis and insights. Identifies internal trends to influence decisions and strategy. Directs team to perform more complex process optimization analysis and shares findings with directors, other managers and team.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Equipment/Technology Maintenance and Process Improvement Opportunities: Leads mid-size teams to implement solutions for complex equipment/technology issues. Provides advice to team and recommends innovative approaches to solve the most complex issues. Performs ongoing facilities inspections and ensures repairs are implemented to meet Walmart's material handling, processing, and storage requirements. Reviews analyses of time, expenses, person-hours, energy, and other resources to identify areas of improvement and/or cost savings opportunities.
- Fulfillment Design Implementation and Project Management: Plans and leads mid-size project teams to implement complex fulfillment designs and/or engineering and construction projects. Ensures facilities, technology, and equipment meet Walmart's material handling, processing and storage standards and are driving the intended business results. Leads team to report on metrics to track progress of implementation to leadership.
- Fulfillment Design and Innovation: Researches, reviews, and provides feedback to engineers and managers on complex solutions for process flow, automation, and fulfillment warehouse design. Reviews and approves complex warehouse or system design for technology and automated processes within Walmart's eCommerce fulfillment network. Supports the technical assessment of potential implementation vendors, and develops metrics for selection and review of automated processes, technologies, and solutions. Performs preliminary analysis of impact of solutions in financial terms (for example, lowering variable and total cost per unit).
- People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute business area objectives. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge, and work performance. Conducts performance and career development conversations. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors Fulfillment Engineers.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Vendor Management: Manages vendor requests for mid-size projects. Reviews and tracks vendor contracts for the project
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field and 4 years experience in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or related technical field OR 6 years experience in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7 years experience in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Master s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Professional Engineer (PE) certification OR willingness to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents