Principal Product Manager (Search + Browse)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1287697BR
What you'll do at
The Search Frontend of Walmart.com must be seamlessly high-performing for queries broad and narrow, across a range of verticals from Everyday Living to Fashion and Home, on every platform (Desktop and Mobile alike) and supporting the Walmart shopper’s unique omnichannel journeys. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role for someone who has a passion for the intersection of e-commerce, technology, behavioral science and business, and has deep experience in making a product strategy come to life by guiding and inspiring a team of product managers, designers and engineers.
The ideal candidate for this role is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic. You’re customer-focused and know how to deliver exceptional experiences for customers, by understanding their intent and not just incrementally optimizing the current experience but constantly inspiring the team to solve the underlying customer challenge through ever-simpler UX for the customer. You’re a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of customers’ needs and the competitive landscape. You’re an excellent communicator, building strong cross-functional relationships and excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and Analytics teams. You’re comfortable leading a team of smart and talented product managers, while at the same time not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team to get the job done.
• Helps define and maintains a strong line-of-sight towards a compelling Search product vision, putting a complex array of stakeholder deliverables in the context of the bigger picture
• Partners closely with PM team, UX, Analytics and Engineering counterparts to translate the shared Search vision into a clear product strategy and prioritized backlog for Search Frontend to execute on, in lock-step with Search Backend counterparts
• Maintains excellent cross-functional working relationships with our wide array of partners and stakeholders, including (but not limited to) Everyday Living, Fashion, Home, Entertainment, Site Fundamentals, Stores and Advertising
• Builds on top of subject-matter expertise to elevate the Search experience beyond fundamentals by partnering with Personalization, UCG, design and engineering, among others
• Motivates and challenges the team to embrace an Agile mindset of rapid iterations and learning, constantly improving our execution efficiency and thinking big to deliver big on customer and business outcomes
• Presents and clearly articulates product strategy to company leadership
• Secures cross-functional alignment and resources, championing the Search team’s mission and eliminates any blockers to ensure swift execution of our strategy
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• At least 1 year of supervisory experience in product management, or related field
• Direct product management experience with Search and building best-in-class customer experiences
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents