Senior Manager II - Middleware, Enterprise Platforms
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1280252BR
What you'll do at
As a Sr. Manager II you will be challenged to lead two teams of engineers providing enterprise platforms to a wide range of development team customers. This role requires that you are - 1. able to effectively partner with other management, product managers, scrum masters, project managers and key stakeholders across the entire Walmart organization and outside, 2. think through and build for scale, 3. build for underlying risks, vulnerabilities and probabilistic nature of data, 4. work with teams across time zones. We need a visionary, data driven, and dynamic leader who is able to build high performing teams, foster a great working environment and provide the best for our customers.
Build an open, positive, high performing and energized culture.
Lead software and systems engineers and provide guidance/support for engineering projects.
Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business.
Manage multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards.
Engage in technical design discussions and also help drive technical architecture leveraging your people resources.
Present practical input for strategic technology decisions. Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions.
Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater reusability and long-term vision.
Support preparation of Technology Roadmaps and provide inputs to Business Roadmaps.
Keep abreast of new technologies and use them to solve the business problems effectively.
Hire top-notch engineers, assigning, directing, and evaluating their work and performance.
Coach and mentor first-level managers, tech leads and engineers through their career growth
Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates
Help to mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
Identify, implement, and communicate best practices, design/coding standards for engineering
Establish consistent design patterns. Develop large-scale, complex, cross-functional features for the company.
Support continuous process improvement and innovation
Improve technology agility using patterns, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro services, Behavior driven development, Machine learning, CI/CD, every day code push to production etc.
Drive root cause analysis of critical business and production issues to prevent future occurrences. Review and approve potential solutions.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 5 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years experience in software engineering or related field.
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field.
MBA or advanced technical degree with undergrad in computer science, information systems, or related field
3+ years of experience in supervisory management in the technology field.
Passionate about Retail and Technology
Development experience writing and running web services in real-time production environments.
A do-er who can champion product vision, strategy, and roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives, but can also roll up your sleeves to get deep in the weeds to help the team get the job done
Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus, manage tradeoffs and deliver with multiple stakeholders
Sense of ownership, eye for detail, and a passion to play key role in defining the destiny of product
Flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with ambiguity
Customer centric, and metrics and data driven
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong team player, collaborative approach to achieving results
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts