Sr. Data Scientist 1274618BR
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1274618BR
What you'll do at
Effectively predicting demand involves learning both from past sales and a host of other factors, e.g., weather, demographics, event calendars, SNAP calendars, etc.. Doing this at Walmart scale – over 500 million store-item combinations - makes it one of the largest and most challenging problems of its kind in the world while also being one of the most impact. Talk to us to if you are interested in taking up the challenge.
As a Data Scientist you will play a unique role in driving the future of the next generation forecasting models researching, designing and implementing cutting edge algorithms. Responsibilities include:
• Conduct statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
• Assist in building learning systems that react to changes in customer preferences using advanced machine learning and statistical techniques
• Identify opportunities for improving algorithms and processes from the perspectives of accuracy, stability, and scalability
• Collaborate with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
• Experience in areas such as data-driven statistical modeling, robust statistics, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning.
• Proficient in R or Python, SQL. C/C++ preferred.
Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
• Inquisitiveness and desire to learn.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
• Forecasting experience in an online and/or retail environment is preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts