General Maintenance Manager
- Location SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1273691BR
What you'll do at
- The General Maintenance Manager will be responsible for all related issues that may arise at numerous Walmart stores and facilities in the assigned region. This person will supervise roughly 10 Technicians of varying disciplines who will dispatch to their respective stores to trouble-shoot and resolve the problems. The Manager will also be responsible for identifying trends in their assigned region and providing expert-level knowledge in their trade field.
- Manages heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, and critical power maintenance and service operations
- Manages project compliance
- Prepares and executes budgets
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages execution of sustainability initiatives to meet Environmental Protection Agency compliance programs
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field and 2 years experience in facilities management, construction management, mechanical maintenance, engineering, or related area OR 4 years experience in facilities management, construction management, mechanical maintenance, engineering, or related area.
- 2 years external work experience supervising maintenance personnel in an optical, pharmaceutical, or manufacturing environment.
- 3 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- 4 years experience in building controls or related area.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents