Senior Manager, Privacy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1272598BR
What you'll do at
Walmart’s eCommerce Compliance team is looking for a Senior Manager, Privacy Compliance as the lead privacy expert for Walmart’s online and digital business initiatives. We’re seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented privacy expert who is at ease providing privacy compliance guidance to product and engineering teams. We need a strong contributor who can drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects, while partnering with the broader legal and compliance teams. The successful candidate will be a privacy professional who is passionate about ensuring privacy compliance and providing an exceptional customer experience
• Create, implement, and mature our U.S. privacy and data protection policies, procedures, and best practices for Walmart eCommerce, mobile, and digital products and services
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, legal, and marketing teams to address privacy requirements
• Lead data protection risk assessments and remediation efforts
• Drive improvement and change through expertise and influence
• Research of privacy and data protection laws, regulations, and related best practices
• Partnership in developing and presentation of privacy compliance training modules to promote data protection culture and awareness throughout the company
• Support M&A transactions, including post-close integration efforts
• Support other eCommerce Compliance initiatives as needed
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• 5 or more years of work experience in operational management, compliance, legal, privacy or related field
• Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, and other key global privacy legislative frameworks
• Understand relationship between Privacy and Technology issues
• Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners to deploy Privacy compliance programs
• Experience working directly with executives to support business decision making
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, persuasion, and the ability to communicate Privacy concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• CIPP / CIPT / CIPM certification (or equivalent)
• Experience in Privacy issues in a customer-facing company, eCommerce, retail, or strong technology background
• Experience in managing privacy topics in acquisitions
• Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents