- Location PLAINFIELD, IN
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Transportation
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1269055BR
What you'll do at
- Carrier Management & Capacity Planning: Manages carrier relationships for small book of business. Reviews carrier metrics and KPIs to ensure on-time delivery and performance goals are met and communicates insights and opportunities to management. Manages order execution with carriers for small book of business, following up with distribution centers and carriers to ensure orders are processed, loaded and shipped (routed) correctly to make an on time delivery and meet customer expectations. Creates analyses of trailer utilization and conducts load/route planning to reduce freight costs whenever possible.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Supply Chain Management, Fulfillment Center Management) to assist in development of financial and delivery management plans.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Inbound/Outbound Delivery Management and Analysis: Manages inbound/outbound deliveries; ensures expense rate is maintained from an outbound perspective. Reviews data, develops insights (e.g., why deliveries are late and why exceptions are occurring) and reports on metrics related to inbound/ outbound deliveries across a region. Reviews and resolves escalated delivery issues and tracks claims to understand trends.
- Process Improvement: Performs trend analyses and develops insights from data to identify operational issues or areas for improvement to inbound and outbound delivery processes for small book of business.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Vendor Compliance and Performance: Develops policy and procedure changes. Trains vendors on Walmart standard operating procedures. Reviews/analyzes vendor scorecards and dashboards and identifies areas for improvement. Provides input into and supports implementation of vendor improvement programs.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field and 3 years experience in logistics, supply chain, business, or related field OR 5 years experience in logistics, supply chain, business, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- 2 years experience leading operational execution and continuous improvement initiatives.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Master s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents