Director, Supply Chain Systems
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1262649BR
What you'll do at
This position will work closely with the other members of the Tech Strategy team and the Supply Chain Tech team as a whole to develop and implement systems that are tightly knit with best in class E2E business processes that will support the strategic objectives of Walmart in the coming years.
The Director, Supply Chain Systems will report to the Sr Director- Supply Chain Transformation, who will lead the Strategy team.
• Possess experience in implementation of Enterprise Systems (in-house/3P)
• Team up with SMEs, business partners, architects to develop robust technical solutions that are aligned with the business and technology capability roadmap
• Have passion about the technology and have demonstrated ability in delivering value through technology
• Ability to collaborate with business partners and subject mater experts to document business requirements
• Lead efforts to translate functional requirements into technical solutions, manage scope and estimate technical deliverables
• Conduct technical analysis sessions with customers and the project team to understand the functional and technical needs of the client and develop technical solutions to meet those needs.
• Experience with participating in design sessions, resolving technical issues during various project phases.
• Develop technical designs in partnership with the development team(s) that align with technology standards and architecture principles
• Ensure that technical and other non-functional requirements are designed into the end-to-end solution.
• Expertise in development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Performs supply chain analysis on merchandising, replenishment, distribution and innovations-initiated programs
• Manage relationship with contractors and suppliers
• Develops strategies and tactics for technical team to achieve capabilities
• Responsible for all deliverables in all stages including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
• Experience in data conversion and migration planning
• Solution test planning for functional, Integration and user acceptance testing
• Understand existing business processes and technology to develop the “to be” and develop a transition plan to create measurable business value
• Analyze business requirements to create use cases and solution design documentation
• Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology and methodologies.
• Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration ensuring non-functional requirements are satisfied
• conduct proof of concept, proof of technology. Experience in process re-engineering to embed data and analytics in the business processes and make them more agile to address the dynamic business needs
This may include:
• Understanding future business strategies and directions to anticipate technical needs
• Building teams with expertise that drive digital transformations
• Carrying out data and system analysis to identify technical debt/gaps and develop to-be architecture to provide scalability and flexibility to accommodate growing business needs
• Driving new solutions that can be implemented cross-functionally
• Strong understanding of digital tools and technologies such as cloud, analytics, micro-service, API architecture
• Developing key metrics around business impact, user acceptance and customer satisfaction index
• 8 years’ experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures.
• Experience of developing omni-channel supply chain systems, digital technologies such as cloud, data analytics, microservice and API architecture
• Strong understanding of emerging technology, 3rd party tools in supply chain, knowledge of automation systems in the warehouse space, strong knowledge of integration tools and methodologies.
• Experience in business process methodology and program management.
• Effective interpersonal skills, ability to influence others, drive new initiatives and new way of thinking in the organization
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts