Director Quality Excellence
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1262267BR
What you'll do at
• Managing data through operational feedback loops and customer claims process
• Establishing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System (QMS)
• Leading quality based focused improvement projects to eliminate quality losses.
Quality Management Systems
• Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for the supply chain function
• Serve as primary quality engineering resource for opportunity identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvements.
• Design implement and document procedures for process control and process improvement.
• Establish and implement customer focused metrics, including but not limited to, process capability, control charts, and measurement quality to monitor systems effectiveness and to enable distribution managers to make sound product quality decisions.
• Liaise with One Best Way and Walmart Performance System to formalize inputs to the quality process
• Develop and analyzes statistical data and process specifications to determine present standards
• Establish quality process standards and final product standards.
• Develop a site based internal quality assurance auditing process (QMS)
• Lead and participate in internal quality assurance audits. (QMS)
• Review and coordinate implementation of customer quality requirements.
• Investigate customer complaints to gain resolution
• Liaise with vendor correction team and establish process to replicate learnings to the network
Analysis and Reporting
• Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvements of product quality. Utilizing pareto methodology to prioritize resources
• Perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
• Analyze customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of processing and reproducibility within the distribution network
• Prepare and reports statistical data including but not limited to quality issues, trends and losses.
• Attend meetings as required or assigned.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Special Job Dimensions
Will be required to travel up to 40% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Tableau, SharePoint
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control software
• Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
• Working knowledge of ISO audits and internal audit processes
• Knowledge of auditing and certification methodologies
• Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated Root Cause and Corrective Action/Problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and manage associates in a team environment
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Ability to be detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills with an innovative approach to problem solving
• Ability to implement policy and procedures
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments to meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate complex work and maintain a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to have a clear understanding of the relationship between metrics analysis as it relates to root cause problems
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department.
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, or related field and 5 years experience in training, quality, product development, related area OR 7 years experience in training, quality, product development, or related area.
- 2 years large-scale testing experience.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- 4 years experience assessing training programs and customer service levels in a production, sales, or customer service environment.
- International Standards Organization certification.
- Master s degree in Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, or related field.
- Six Sigma certification.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality, Business Administration or related discipline
• 8+ years of QA systems implementation and management experience
• 8+ years of experience managing others
• 5+years of TS 16949/ISO 9000/FSA experience
• Automotive, Aerospace or Food industry experience desired
• Operational experience strongly desired
• Six Sigma/TPM/TQM/
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents