Senior Manager, Data Governance Leader (Data Security)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1256014BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the ensuring data security as part of the Data Governance policies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to support the acquisition process. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and knowledge of contracting processes. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and proejcts quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting
• Collaborate with the Information Security team to define data security requirements to meet data governance policy
• Provide insights on process improvements to comply with data governance requirements as part of the security and compliance reviews
• On point for data governance sign off on security and compliance reviews for new and enhanced products
• Define rules for Data leak protection for implementation by the global security team
• Review results from DLP as related to Data governance
• Maintain list of open security review issues and drive towards resolution across stakeholders.
• Facilitate best practice sharing across organization
Who you are:
• You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
• You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
• You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
• You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better”
• You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
• Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience
• Data Governance experience
• Data management experience
• Compliance and Audit experience desired
• Knowledge of Regulations
• Has Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
• Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment.
• Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen.
• Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data through the application of thoughtful, business focused governance.
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts