Data Governance Leader - Data Stewardship
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1255071BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will play the role of implementing & operationalizing the data Stewardship strategy for Walmart.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to support the acquisition process. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and knowledge of contracting processes. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting
• Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
• Lead the implementation of the Data Stewardship Community at the enterprise level managing ownership and stewardship assignment process for all data domains
• Define and manage Data Governance Routines (Councils, Steering, working groups). Develop agenda for regular data management meetings
• Manage change, including:
• Communicate Data management program to all stakeholders
• Initiate and control training required to implement change by involving appropriate data management stakeholders
• Facilitate best practice sharing across organization
• Assist on research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed.
• Aggregate domains Data Stewardship to an enterprise level and develop key indicators to manage the Stewardship community at Walmart.
• Advocate data use and protection practices, including consent and identity management. Receiving, tracking, and taking action on requests to and from stakeholders concerning policies and procedures, e.g., regulatory inquiries, audits, data advisory board reviews, consent management, incident response, and business continuity
Who you are:
• You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
• You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
• You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
• You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better”
• You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' technical program management experience OR 10 years' technical program management experience.
• Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in data-driven and Governance-focused business.
• Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience
• Working experience implementing data stewardship communities
• Data Governance experience
• Data management experience
• Experience working and managing Metadata
• Has Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
• Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment.
• Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen.
• Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data through the application of thoughtful, business focused governance.
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents