Sr. Manager/Data Governance Lead (Metadata Management)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1254399BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to support the acquisition process. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and knowledge of contracting processes. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and proejcts quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of metadata strategy and standards.
• Facilitate consistent adoption of metadata standards across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
• Define and revise data taxonomy, including identifying and managing standard list of data domains and managing domain definition conflicts
• Manage current Enterprise Data Dictionary - Aggregate domain data dictionaries to an Enterprise data dictionary by ensuring reusability of Business concepts and supporting Business functions in development of domain data dictionaries
• Manage Data Catalog
• Manage new demand for metadata
• Lead the implementation & rollout of metadata platform (MITI , Collibra and others)
• Collaborate with business & technical stakeholders on maintaining metadata repository.
• Support metadata distribution & usage across the enterprise.
• Maintain high level of knowledge and expertise related to metadata
• Develop key indicators to manage the Metadata Management process at Walmart.
• Assist on research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed.
• Advocate data use and protection practices, including consent and identity management. Receiving, tracking, and taking action on requests to and from stakeholders concerning policies and procedures, e.g., regulatory inquiries, audits, data advisory board reviews, consent management, incident response, and business continuity
Who you are:
• You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
• You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
• You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
• You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better”
• You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
This role can be located in Bentonville, AR, Hoboken, NJ or Sunnyvale, CA
• Bachelor's degree preferred with master’s or equivalent experience
• Data Governance experience
• Data management experience
• Experience working and managing Metadata
• Collibra expertise to not only continue to plan current/future Metadata Management state, but to also hands-on deploy the continued DG development and org adherence
• Has Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
• Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment.
• Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen.
• Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data through the application of thoughtful, business focused governance.
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts