Director, Domestic Tax Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Tax
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1254275BR
What you'll do at
- Directs preparation and review of all federal income tax obligations including returns and estimated tax filings.
- Assists in identifying, analyzing and implementing tax planning opportunities while maintaining proper compliance with existing tax laws.
- Advises policy group on United States federal tax laws by analyzing proposed United States tax laws and regulations; calculating potential impacts to Walmart of such proposals; and communicating potential impacts.
- Assists Walmart provision team in managing current and deferred tax reporting for all domestic entities pursuant to ASC 740.
- Drive “provision=return” based on technology and automation.
- Assist Walmart Defense team with respect to IRS audits for domestic income tax matters.
- Collaborates across business functions on U.S. income tax effects of business strategies and facilitates teamwork focusing on what is best for Walmart.
- Engages and manages external advisor work and fees in support of tax department priorities.
- Leads standardization, automation and process improvements; simplify reporting processes and enhance existing analytical tools to ensure compliance.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Provides leadership by defining vision, setting goals for the team, working seamlessly in a matrix organization, developing training opportunities, and developing team effectiveness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 5 years experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area OR 7 years experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area.
- 10 years of experience in tax compliance, provision, or tax operations role.
- Juris Doctorate, Masters in Taxation, Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent certification recommended.
- Possess understanding of corporate tax software systems, such as Corptax and OneSource.
- Working knowledge of IRS statutes and regulations including but not limited to the areas of US consolidated returns.
- Prior "Big 4" or experience in large global multinational tax department.
- Well-developed leadership, executive communication, and influencing skills, including the ability to partner seamlessly with other tax disciplines and functions (controllership, etc.).
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents